Tuesday, September 8, 2009

DragonCon 2009

Adventure: 20090904









Another DragonCon has come and gone, and unfortunately I think this will probably be the last one I attend.  Frankly, I think DragonCon has just grown too large for my tastes and admittedly rather hermit-like tolerances.  Luckily I did manage to get to see Pete Abrams (Sluggy Freelance), Jennie Breeden (The Devil's Panties), Ryan Sohmer and Lar Desouza (Least I Could Do and Looking For Group) as well as attend the live recording for Sword and Laser with Veronica Belmont (This WEEK in TECH).  I unfortunately made it to nothing else I wanted to see because of the ridiculous crowds and lines.  (I think the most annoying failure was my attempt to see Randal Schwartz (FLOSS Weekly) which involved getting a cab to drive back to the con from the hotel, showing up a half hour early, and finding that although there were still seats they were all "saved"....  I nearly blew a gasket.)  Kathy did manage to get some pretty decent pictures and I think this collage pretty much conveys the DragonCon experience.














I think I did pretty well for loot though.  My favorite is the 2d20 damage flail.  ^_^

2 comments:

Randal L. Schwartz said...

Sorry to hear you didn't see me. Was it for Hacking 201... that was quite packed.

Sam McClanahan said...

Yes, Hacking 201 was the one. Oh well, I've pretty much gotten over my fit about it all. I'll just have to remember to show up extra early next time I get a chance to see you. Keep up the great work on FLOSS Weekly!